About Breeda Miller
Breeda Miller is a published author, an award-winning storyteller, voice-over professional and successful businesswoman. Of all her accomplishments she states that her most fulfilling role was caring for her frail mother at the end of her life. As a member of the Sandwich Generation, Breeda managed to run a household, manage a business and raise three teenagers (two with special needs) while providing ’round the clock care for her ailing mother.
- Professional Member of NSA – National Speakers Association
- President of NSA Michigan
- University of Detroit Mercy Graduate
- Professional Voice Over Artist
- Appeared on The Moth Story Hour on NPR
- Published Author
- Event Professional
Breeda’s professional experience
- A graduate of the University of Detroit Mercy with a degree in Communication Studies and Business
- Breeda began in Detroit working in radio and television stations for over a decade.
- General Manager for a boutique Catering Firm managing social, corporate and academic events.
- Created and produced major events for one of the largest health systems in the country. Focusing on employee and donor engagement within the fundraising arena, Breeda developed programs and events that were original and highly successful.
The daughter of Irish immigrants, Breeda is a life-long Michigander who enjoys time on her screened porch, her two silly dogs and two gigantic cats and walking the Camino de Santiago with her husband. Her passion is helping Caregivers Carry On as well as others who need encouragement and a bit of inspiration.
Contact Breeda: [email protected]
Ypsilanti District Library
The Caregiver Coffeebreak: Q & A with Breeda Miller
Caregivers face many challenges and Breeda Miller knows how that feels. In her new book, Breeda provides a soft spot for caregivers dealing with the frustration, exhaustion, and isolation of being a caregiver. Noted for her work supporting those in the “Sandwich Generation”, she addresses the needs of those caring for elderly, frail parents and children still at home. Breeda answered some questions as a preview ...
Today's Caregiver | Caregiver.com
Caregiver Coffeebreak chosen for Caregiver Friendly Award
The compact size, uplifting and soothing tone and broad range of creative ideas is designed to inspire Caregivers to care for themselves and provide care with dignity for others.