The Caregiver CoffeeBreak
Helping Caregivers Carry On
The Caregiver Coffeebreak with Breeda Miller is a soft spot to land for both professional and family caregivers. The Caregiver Coffeebreak provides inspiration, support, and information for caregivers through a breezy tip book, short engaging videos, a private online community and a series of videos and interviews with fascinating experts. Allow yourself a few minutes to relax, pour yourself a cuppa and Take a Break - Before You Break.
What is the Caregiver Coffeebreak?
Depending on what you need, the Caregiver Coffeebreak is a supportive resource available to you - wherever you may be.
- The Videos - A series of engaging videos featuring stories, tips, and encouragement for caregivers.
- The Book - A breezy tip book filled with clever ideas, helpful resources and distilled wisdom designed to support caregivers and others.
- Facebook Page - The Caregiver Coffeebreak, curated to provide links to helpful articles, inspiring stories or funny memes and cartoons.
- A Facebook Group -The Caregiver Coffeebreak Club - a space where you can contribute your ideas to help other caregivers, ask questions and connect with other caregivers. Just ask to join, it's free.
- The Newsletter - More like an occasional update with a fresh video or blog post. When you sign up for the email list (never shared or sold to others) you will also receive my free helpful downloads, PDFs featuring Chuckle Up - lists of funny movies and TV shows to watch, a Farm It Out sheet to help organize support, A Respite Care Info Sheet and a Caregiver Tool Kit to help with organization.
- Coloring Journal - a compact journal (5" x 7") with a page for stress-reducing coloring alongside lined pages for journaling. Take along to appointments and color while you wait and then take notes during the appointment. Comes with a petite set of coloring pencils.
- The Stress Cup - or Cup O' Stress. A fun way to de-stress. Squeeze this "cup of coffee" when you need to let off some steam. Nobody gets hurt and you will feel better, plus it's very cute.
Fall is in full swing, I know because there is pumpkin-spiced everything available. I look forward to the change of seasons and I hope you are able to get outside and enjoy this time of year. Caregiving can be even…
Self-Care isn’t Selfish. It’s survival. Take a Break Before You Break. I say it all the time and I am learning to take my own advice. I know when I am overtired, mentally stressed and physically exhausted. I need to…
The sweetness of living in small town can far outweigh the inconvenience. When we need to go shopping, it’s about 20 miles to the nearest city and that is a small town by many standards. There are miles between farmhouses…
I love finding solutions to everyday problems. As a caregiver it seems like every day there are new challenges and problems to solve. One of my dear friends shared with me her recent experience with technology that has surprised and…
[clickToTweet tweet=”Caregivers: Cancel That Guilt Trip!” quote=”Caregivers assume that everybody else is doing a better job than they are – they’re not!”] Guilt. No matter what decision you make regarding the care of the person you look after, it seems…